Our largest airframe is designed to fulfill our requirements for a long distance, long endurance platform, moderate payload capacity and capability to operate without a runway. The airframe is equipped with an autopilot with satellite communication link. An onboard computer controls the payload and stores the data from different sensors and instruments. The payload computer utilize a GSM/GPRS (where available) or independent satellite downlink, and key personnel can monitor the UAS position and payload status from anywhere in the world connected to the internet.
A wide variety of payload instruments are available for the platform, whereas
others are in planning.
- Laser scanner
- Laser distance ranger
- High precision GPS receiver
- Hyperspectral imager
- Multispectral imager
- Variety of cameras.
- Radar sounder
- Meteorological sensor package
- Turbulence flux sensor
- Bidirectional spectrometer for albedo
A multitude of missions.
The UAS can collect data from dangerous or remote areas, such as the poles, oceans and wildfires.
Possible applications are:
- Mapping of snow cover and snow water equivalent
- Resource management
– grazing load
– population estimates of seals, reindeers, polar bears, …
- Detection and surveillance of algae blooms
- Atmospheric data for weather forecasting
- Surveillance of offshore oil and shipping activities
- Natural disaster management
- Research within a number of fields
- Satellite validation and testing
Tested and Proven
The ARANICA UAS has been flown in both the Arctic and the Antarctic and has proven to be a reliable and flexible platform.
- IPY Thorpex
A research project on adverse weather in the north.
- Norwegian – US Scientific Traverse of East Antarctica
The field expedition will investigate climate change in East Antarctica.
Glaciodyn aims to study the dynamics of Arctic glaciers.
- VAUUAV (Variability of Albedo Using an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle)
An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle campaign to measure variability of Arctic albedo over glaciers, sea ice, and ice sheets. Measurements will be made ‘operationally’ on a weekly basis during the spring and early summer.
Inspecting power grid distribution lines with an UAS.
Our business – We operate a fleet of unmanned aircraft systems capable of carrying a wide range of payloads worldwide.
Using Existing Infrastructure
Drawing on the experience and infrastructure at Andøya Rocket Range, Aranica is able to use methods and hardware originally developed for sounding rockets.